Henry Schein Orthodontics presents its third annual European Carriere Symposium, featuring keynote speaker Dr. Luis Carrière
Henry Schein Orthodontics has announced its third annual European Carriere Symposium, 14 – 16 September 2017, in Barcelona, Spain, at Hotel W. As in prior years, the organisers say, the event will “bring together leading orthodontic speakers and forward-thinking attendees in a powerful learning environment”.
The event will showcase a broad spectrum of the latest innovations and new clinical solutions that deliver dental, facial, and total-health results. Topics will range from developments in self-ligation and sagittal first concept, to new airway-friendly orthodontics cases and strategies, and digital orthodontics. Attendees will have the chance to experience cutting-edge technology and evidence-based protocols that can help orthodontists “achieve new levels of patient care, practice efficiencies and effectiveness”. Several networking opportunities will also be available to allow orthodontists to share their experiences with peer professionals.
The exhibition will also review the key elements of the digital orthodontics workflow, including intraoral scanning, digital imaging, clinical ortho planning and 3D printing. A digital orthodontics exhibition area will be powered by Henry Schein ConnectDental, a digital dental platform that links together every step of the clinical workflow.
The keynote speaker will be renowned Spanish orthodontist Dr. Luis Carrière, and the program chairman Dr. David Paquette, along with a line-up of world-renowned speakers. Dr. Carrière will focus on how facial, skeletal, and dental harmony can be achieved using his Carriere System. Using case studies from his clinic he will demonstrate how orthodontic treatment using the Carriere System is a viable alternative for patients with facial disproportions who would otherwise have to undergo invasive surgery.
“Orthodontists should claim their position as facial-aesthetic specialists. We do not only deliver straight teeth, but provide renewed confidence, enhanced appearance, and consequently new lives to patients,” said Dr. Carrière. “In my opinion, the orthodontist should be the first professional to be consulted when it comes to oral and maxillofacial treatment planning.”
Additional speakers and topics include:
• Dr. Sean Carlson: Learn how to unlock the vault of digital diagnostics and incorporate a total-patient treatment approach. He will focus on the visualization of the airway in particular and show how orthodontic treatment can improve outcomes in patients with temporomandibular disorders or obstructive sleep apnea.
• Dr. Francesco Garino: Learn how to use the Carriere Motion Appliance as a break-through treatment strategy to correct challenging Class II aligner cases.
• Dr. Anil Idiculla: Learn how to align core philanthropic values within your practice and develop an unforgettable orthodontic experience.
• Dr. Jep Paschal: Learn how digital intelligence can help increase clinical efficiencies, effectiveness, and patient satisfaction, plus why we should pay attention in this progressive era.
• Dr. Thomas Shipley: Learn about his recent study using CBCT, which validates how the Carriere Motion Appliance repositions the mandible and expands the airway.
The event will be held in English and simultaneously translated into Spanish, Italian and French.